Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. - Charlie Chaplin

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

on top of mole hills

Lately I've noticed people on Facebook stating what they are thankful for leading up to Thanksgiving day.  A nice thing to do, but I'll do it here in my online cubby hole instead of my online loudspeaker.  Today and everyday I'm thankful for my wife and son.  Here's why.

This week has been trying.  Too many people with issues, too many mountains from mole hills topped off with lack of planning, communication and enthusiasm.  I've never seen anything quite like it.  It can all really smoother that spark that keeps me going through the day; for me it's usually the want to do a job well, putting a good face to my workplace.

Luckily I have my wife and new son to come home to and recharge me.  OK, he can sure drain what energy I may have left at 2am, BUT his "coo's" and smiles trump most all of that sort of thing.  Him falling asleep on my chest as I lounge on the sofa for a bit after I get home, awesome.  Best part, he doesn't even know what he's doing for me, only that dad's a comfy spot to sleep on, dad's doing his job at home for him.  I can only hope I did the same for my dad when he came home from a world that just didn't makes sense to something that was so simple, and so innocent that finding a any confusion to it or any real wrong with it was impossible.    

1 comment:

  1. Rest assured– you did indeed do the same for your father. But right now he's probably more so enjoying the fact it's your turn to be up at 2a.m.!

    ReplyDelete