Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. - Charlie Chaplin

Monday, January 17, 2011

mlk

"I say to you today even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream that is deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up, live out the true meaning of its creed."

It's only befitting that I include Martin Luther King Jr. in a post today.  Having not grown up during the Civil Rights Movement, or even been alive, I'll claim ignorance to what kind of environment and time he lived, fought and died in.  I can say, however, that it was without a doubt due to his and his colleagues' efforts that I grew up without prejudice in my home and schooling.  I didn't realize it when I was young, but today I think about how great a thing it truly was to not grow up looking on people of different race, creed or religion with prejudice and hatred.

The sad fact is, not everyone thinks this way.  People seem to find more ways to hate then to love, care or unite.   

No comments:

Post a Comment